Last modified: 12/22/2021
Weelo US, LLC (" Weelo" or " Company" or " We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access or use the Weelo Tenant Screening Mobile Application (the " App").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App, the Weelo websites www.weelo.com and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App and Weelo websites.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 18
The App is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at 1 (877) 933-5687 or [email protected] [when live support at Weelo.com].
[California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
- Submission to Experian to obtain a credit history and for other purposes related to use of the App and in connection with Weelo's Tenant Screening Services
- Public Records
- Eviction History
- Criminal History
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE APP COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (" personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App and subscribing to our service, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App.
- Your search queries on the App.
- Your rental/leasing history
- Personal references
- Your contact and identity information such as name, date of birth, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and Social Security number
- Information you provide to verify your identity and use features in our products and services. This information may include details about your finances and financial accounts (including login and authentication information), and identifying and biometrical information about you
- Your credit card or other payment account information when you purchase products and services from us
- Your children's identity information when enrolling your children in our child identity protection products such as their name, date of birth, and Social Security number
- Information provided when you contact our customer service, fraud resolution agents, provide general feedback, submit content, or post to any community forum on the Site.
You may also provide information for publication or display (" Posted") on public areas of the app or websites you access through the App (collectively, " User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile Your California Privacy Rights, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device. Weelo collects information about your devices and browsers, including types of operating systems, versions, preferences, settings, Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses, and geolocation. If you access our Site using mobile devices, we collect information about your mobile devices, including device IDs, mobile network information, and geolocation. This information is used for identity verification, track users' movements on our Site, to analyze trends, and gather demographic information about the Site's users. -
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. Pixel tags (i.e., web beacons, clear GIFs, pixels, or tags) are images or small strings of code placed on websites, advertisements, or within e-mails. These technologies collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. For example, the Site gathers user activities on our Site, links that user's click on and pages viewed, the URLs user came from, and e-mails opened or forwarded. This information is used for Site tracking and administration (i.e., user movements, usage, performance, and improvements), enabling you to enroll and log-in to the Site, delivering and tailoring custom content, development of new products services, and fraud detection and prevention. -
Software Development Kits. We use Software Development Kits ("SDKs") to collect mobile device information and general location. The SDKs track user movements, mobile application events, and user interactions. This information is used for identity verification and helps us improve our mobile applications for our customers.
Verification of Your Identity. To verify your identity and provide you with the products and services you request. Depending on the information you provide and your selected products and services, your personal information is used to access and monitor information you've asked for, provide you with identity protection services
- To Obtain Credit Report/History. To send credit, score, identity protection, and transactional alerts to the e-mail, mobile device, and/or phone number you provide and to share this information with the landlord(s)/lessor(s) you have identified during the registration process. However, this information is expunged from our system 30 days after its submission.
- Communication with You. To send important information to you related to your account, the Site, our Terms and Conditions, or our policies.
- Product Information. To inform you of products, services, and promotions that may be of interest to you unless you have requested that we do not send you marketing and promotional communications
- Payment Processing. To process payments for the products and services you purchase
- If applicable, to verify your children's identity, if you request on behalf of your children, rental/leasing services in connection with Weelo's Tenant Screening Processes. This information is protected by Weelo.
- For our everyday business purposes, including audits, security, detecting and preventing fraud, analysis, product improvements, research, and development
- For other purposes when you provide your consent and/or we describe the purpose to you at the time it is collected. For example, when you request that we provide your information to monitor your financial accounts or when you request features that we offer from companies we partner with such as Experian
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device as you may opt out at any time by [ADD LINK TO OPT-OUT METHOD]]. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information. Note, however, that opting out of the App's collection of location information will disable its location-based features.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through this app and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Potential Landlords/Lessors
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites]. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us, including but not limited to those services performed in connection with Weelo's Tenant Screening Processes.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect in connection with Weelo's Tenant Screening Processes.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Weelo's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Weelo about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to and have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website or App, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App EULA, term of sale https://weelo.com/Legal/Home/Terms and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Weelo, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address and contact information to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. You can also always opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [[email protected]]
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email or text message stating your request to [[email protected]]
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. You can also always opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email [or text message] stating your request to [[email protected]]
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (" NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see [Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
To register a complaint or concern, please contact us at [email protected] where you will be put in contact with a dispute/complaint resolution specialist.
or via our toll-free number:
WeWork 2222 Ponce De Leon Blvd. 05-123
Miami, FL 33134
Attn: Privacy Support